[yocto] Yocto and NPM issues

Alexander Kanavin alexander.kanavin at linux.intel.com
Wed Mar 21 06:54:18 PDT 2018

On 03/21/2018 03:09 PM, Svein Seldal wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm attempting to package a npm-based js application into a Rocko image,
> and I'm having some issues. For testing I use the official poky repo and
> the meta-openembedded repo (for installing nodejs 8.4.0). I'm building
> for qemux86-64.

I know this is not an answer to your specific issues, but npm is a bit
of maintenance nightmare as its workflow (downloading random stuff off
the internet as an integral part of the build) clashes badly with how
bitbake, and embedded world in general handle builds. We've discussed
what to do about it, with no clear outcome, but we would like to have
something that doesn't require constant fixing and hacks:

http://lists.openembedded.org/pipermail/openembedded-architecture/2017-March/000480.html

Alex