[yocto] Release candidate build for Yocto Project 2.5 M3 rc1

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Wed Mar 21 02:43:44 PDT 2018

Hi,

We have a build ready for QA for the Yocto Project release 2.5 M3 rc1.
This build is slightly different in that it has been run on the new
autobuilder codebase. We don't have automated release emails yet so I'm
writing this manually. The release is available at:

http://autobuilder.yoctoproject.org/pub/yocto-2.5_M3.rc1/

The build results can be seen at:

https://autobuilder.yoctoproject.org/new/#/console

As you can see, there was one failure in nightly-qa-extras to do with
syslogd under systemd images. Right now I think we note this for the M3
release and fix during M4, it was caused by the systemd upgrade which
was added late on. We will need a bug for this.

For comparison, I also built this release on the current yocto.io
infrastructure. I have an additional request for QA to compare the list
of artefacts generated from the new codebase with the artefacts from
the old codebase. Those are available here:

https://autobuilder.yocto.io/pub/releases/yocto-2.5_M3.rc1/
(from https://autobuilder.yocto.io/builders/nightly/builds/965 which
had the same qa-extras failure).

I did already notice we're missing the top level tarballs , which is
odd since I know we do generate them. This is something we'll need to
investigate but I wouldn't block M3 on this.

Any questions let me know.

Cheers,

Richard