[yocto] Can SRC_URI look in the same place for two different machines?

Giordon Stark kratsg at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 07:07:03 PDT 2018

Hi,

So for my device trees, I'm finding some files are duplicated. In
particular some of my dtsi files are going to be the same amongst a few
boards we're using, so I would like to have each machine name distinct so
that

FILESEXTRAPATHS_prepend := "${THISDIR}/files:"

files/${MACHINE}/${MACHINE}.dts

is picked up, while still having

files/common/*.dtsi picked up as well. As an example of my SRC_URI appends:

SRC_URI_append_gfex-prototype1b = " \
    file://skeleton.dtsi  \
    file://pl.dtsi        \
    file://zynq-7000.dtsi \
    file://system.dts     \
"

SRC_URI_append_gfex-prototype2  = " \
    file://skeleton.dtsi   \
    file://pl.dtsi         \
    file://zynq-7000.dtsi  \
    file://system.dts      \
"

I suspect I do something with OVERRIDES in the conf/machine/${MACHINE}.conf
file but not sure...

Thanks,

Giordon
--