[yocto] Kickstart file to customize rootfs mount opts not modifying fstab as expected

Iván Castell icastell at nayarsystems.com
Thu Mar 15 05:22:12 PDT 2018

After some googling I fixed my issue customizing mkefidisk.wks script, adding
"rootflags=data=journal" to the line related with the bootloader:

    bootloader --ptable gpt --timeout=5 --append="rootfstype=ext4
console=ttyS0,115200 console=tty0 rootflags=data=journal noapic"

Now my rootfs is mounted with "journal" flag enabled:

    # mount | grep sda
    /dev/sda3 on / type ext4 (rw,relatime,nodelalloc,data=journal)

I don't know if this is the most proper way to manage this issue, but at
least it works now.

If some of you knows a better way to manage this, please let me know about
it.

Thank you in advance! :)