[yocto] extending HOSTTOOLS

Oleg K Dzhimiev oleg at elphel.com
Fri Mar 9 10:12:34 PST 2018

Hello,

Poky 2.4.
I would like to add *ping* and *scp* to HOSTTOOLS from a class inherited by
a recipe. HOSTTOOLS is updated but the links will not appear in the
build/tmp/hosttools/
Is there any way to do this?

It's not fatal - as a workaround I added

> HOSTTOOLS+= "scp ping"

to my machine conf file.

More info:
There is a class file: elphel-scp.bbclass
<https://git.elphel.com/Elphel/meta-elphel393/blob/master/classes/elphel-scp.bbclass>
which
adds a task *do_target_scp *after *do_install.*
target_scp is supposed to scp an archived image to the target hardware and
unpack it over ssh:
* ssh-copy-id is already done for a pwd-less access
* do_install is extended to make an archive of the image/ contents - it's
run as fakeroot so the rights are good
* Build Configuration:
BB_VERSION           = "1.37.0"
BUILD_SYS            = "x86_64-linux"
NATIVELSBSTRING      = "universal"
TARGET_SYS           = "arm-poky-linux-gnueabi"
MACHINE              = "elphel393"
DISTRO               = "poky"
DISTRO_VERSION       = "2.4+snapshot-20180309"
TUNE_FEATURES        = "arm armv7a vfp neon cortexa9"

Thanks

Best regards,
Oleg Dzhimiev
Electronics Engineer