[yocto] [meta-raspberrypi] how to install rpi-config package?

Andrei Gherzan andrei at gherzan.ro
Thu Mar 8 03:55:20 PST 2018

On Thu, Mar 8, 2018 at 11:17 AM, Paul Barker <pbarker at toganlabs.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 8, 2018 at 6:20 AM, kk <pinganddu90 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > This is ok:
> >     $ bitbake rpi-config
> > But I check the image directory under workdir, I found nothing in it,
> and no
> > command raspi-config.
> >

> The rpi-config recipe creates the config.txt file in the
> "tmp/deploy/images/<MACHINE>/bcm2835-bootfiles/" directory (if I've
> got the path right) which is then copied to the boot partition for an
> SD card image.
>
> I believe raspi-config is specific to the Raspbian distribution and
> isn't used in images built with OpenEmbedded.

Paul is correct. Actually there is almost a name clash here. rpi-config in
meta-raspberrypi is a recipe which deploys the config.txt in deploy
directory. The raspbian tool that you refer to is not included / integrated
in oe but has a very similar name: raspi-config . So at this point when
baking rpi-config all you get is a config.txt in the deploy directory.

--
Andrei Gherzan