[yocto] Bitbake recipe using CMake that requires python-six as part of compiling?

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Tue Mar 6 15:13:23 PST 2018

On 6 March 2018 at 22:12, Giordon Stark <kratsg at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Andre,
>
> I tried without
>
> FILES_${PN}_append = "${includedir}/open62541.h"
>
> and got a QA error about a file installed that was not added to a
> package.... I don't understand the ${PN}-dev here, and I'm not sure how
> packaging works in this context - since it's not clear to me which files
> get installed and which don't... except for when a recipe that depends on
> this breaks because it can't find the header file.

The cmake files should also be in the -dev package.   If I were you I'd
remove all FILES_* lines from your recipe and just add:

FILES_${PN}-dev += "${libdir}/cmake"

If you get QA warnings from that then you can use bitbake -e open62541 to
see the data store values.  Search that for the FILES_${PN}-dev assignment,
it's initial value is from bitbake.conf and has ${includedir} in.
Something else must be incorrectly overriding it.

Ross