[yocto] Bitbake recipe using CMake that requires python-six as part of compiling?

Andre McCurdy armccurdy at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 14:06:55 PST 2018

On Tue, Mar 6, 2018 at 1:03 PM, Giordon Stark <kratsg at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes. The CMakeLists file definitely doesn't install that (annoyingly).
> Playing around a bit, I created a test recipe, added these lines in my
> open62541.inc file (original recipe here)
>
> do_install_append() {
>   install -d ${D}${includedir}
>   install -m 644 ${B}/open62541.h ${D}${includedir}
> }
>
> FILES_${PN}_append = "${includedir}/open62541.h"

This is trying to put the header in the runtime package (ie the
package containing files which typically end up in the target rootfs).
Header files should be in the ${PN}-dev package instead.

Since the default packaging rules already cover header files, you
don't actually need to add anything here in order to have the header
packaged correctly - just remove that line.

Note that you also tried to use _append without a leading space -
which is wrong in this context (it's wrong in almost every context).