[yocto] bitbake: git and patch problem

EXTERNAL van Riel Rob (ENTER, BT-CO/ENG1.1) external.Rob.vanRiel at nl.bosch.com
Tue Mar 6 04:47:52 PST 2018

Rather than try to dig my way through the patch process, I've decided to venture into the (thus far unexplored) territory of kernel configuration options, and do a neater though more invasive change that way. This proved easier than I feared, and as a result, the (kernel) patch issue is no longer relevant to the job at hand.
Nevertheless, a big thank you to those who responded; the extra knowlegde gained will surely be useful at some point in the future.

Rob