[yocto] bbappend file not used

Vincent Daanen vincent.daanen at orthotaxy.com
Tue Mar 6 04:07:54 PST 2018

Dears,

I want to build an image using systemd and system-networkd as network manager and set static ip address to eth0.

To do so, I use a bbappend file to systemd.

The problem is that the systemd_%.bbappend file does not appear when calling bitbake-layers show-appends. I'm quite sure it is not processed because when a voluntary add a typo, it does not break the bitbake process.

What did I do wrong ??

Below is my "files architecture":
Yocto
 |-- Sources (Rocko 2.4.1)
  |-- myDir
        |-- build
              |-- conf
                         Local.conf
        |-- meta-myLayer
              |-- conf
              |-- recipes-core
                    |-- images
                          my-image.bb
                    |-- systemd
                          systemd_%.bbappend
                          |-- system
                                eth.network

The target is a generic x86_64 board (AAEON GENE BT 05 with J1900 processor).
Host system is ubuntu 16.04 LTS

Thanks

Vince