[yocto] Connecting AutoBuilder output to GitLab for meta-mono CI

Paul Barker pbarker at toganlabs.com
Mon Mar 5 02:35:53 PST 2018

On Mon, Mar 5, 2018 at 9:52 AM, Alex Lennon
<ajlennon at dynamicdevices.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've been running an autobuilder locally for a while now to automate testing
> of meta-mono commits.
>
> I see recently saw GitLab seems to support CI workers publishing logs and
> artifacts to the site and this seems a useful thing to me.
>
> Does anybody have any pointers on where to go look for details on how to set
> this up, or can offer advice to me as I set it up?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Alex

The logs are just the stdio/stderr output of the job so to have those
display properly you'd either need to do everything in GitLab CI or
have some sort of hack where the GitLab CI job reads the build log
from your autobuilder and writes it to stdout.

Build artifacts are a bit easier, you could define a GitLab CI job
that copies the artifacts from your current autobuilder.

You could instead move over to GitLab CI fully but I do find it a bit
limited at times - there's no high level summary across multiple
projects so you can't see how often your workers are busy, how many
builds are queued, etc. I find that ok for a small team but once
you've got more than 4 or 5 people working together you'll probably
need those stats to know how to scale your infrastructure.

Thanks,

--
Paul Barker
Togán Labs Ltd