[yocto] How to create partition without wic

DAANEN, Vincent [MEDFR] VDaanen at ITS.JNJ.com
Fri Jun 29 06:37:15 PDT 2018

Hi guys,

The system I'm designing will boot the image using PXE.
The HDD is used for persistent storage of logs only and logs must survive reboot

So I'd like to implement something like: on boot, the system tests if the persistent partitions are mounted. If not, then the HDD is partitioned with a given pattern (should arrive one time only).
My general question is: how to do this ?

More specific questions are:

  1.  At the moment, the HDD is partitioned but I don't know where the partitions are defined so can someone explain me where I can find these info?
  2.  Is it possible to partition a HDD and then format the partitions automatically (using a script) ?

Thanks

Vincent