[yocto] Regarding Use the Latest LTP on Latest YOCTO build

Abhishek Kumar Rai abhishekr at eximiusdesign.com
Thu Jun 28 00:35:19 PDT 2018

Hi Burton Ross,
Thanks for your prompt reply.

I have some doubt please clarify
 I can use the latest release also but i am getting below error in version
2.3
{{{

     ltp-20170116-r0 do_compile: NOTE: ltp: compiling from external source
tree ~/build/https:/github.com/linux-test-project/ltp.git
     ERROR: ltp-20170116-r0 do_compile: oe_runmake failed
     ERROR: ltp-20170116-r0 do_compile: Function failed: do_compile (log
file is located at
~/build/tmp/work/cortexa9hf-neon-agl-linux-gnueabi/ltp/20170116-
r0/temp
     /log.do_compile.161006)
     ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in:
~/build//tmp/work/cortexa9hf-neon-agl-
linux-gnueabi/ltp/20170116-r0/temp/log.do_compile.161006
     Log data follows:
     | DEBUG: Executing python function externalsrc_compile_prefunc
     | NOTE: ltp: compiling from external source tree~/build//https:/
github.com/linux-test-project/ltp.git
     | DEBUG: Python function externalsrc_compile_prefunc finished
     | DEBUG: SITE files ['endian-little', 'bit-32', 'arm-common',
'arm-32', 'common-linux', 'common-glibc', 'arm-linux', 'arm-linux-gnueabi',
'common']
     | DEBUG: Executing shell function do_compile
     | NOTE: make -j 16
     | ERROR: oe_runmake failed
     | make: Entering directory '~/build/https:/github.com/linux-test-
project/ltp.git/testcases/kernel'
     | make: 'include/linux_syscall_numbers.h' is up to date.
     | make: Leaving directory '~/build/https:/github.com/linux-test-
project/ltp.git/testcases/kernel'
     | ~/build/https:/github.com/linux-test- project/ltp.git/include/mk/aut
omake.mk:108: *** target pattern contains no '%'.  Stop.
     | ERROR: Function failed: do_compile (log file is located at ~/build/
tmp/work/cortexa9hf-neon-agl-linux-gnueabi/ltp/20170116-
r0/temp/log.do_compile.161006)

}}}
Note :
        $ bitbake --version