[yocto] Rocko: how to remove python3 from target's rootfs

Bejar-Colonia, Carlos carlos.bejar-colonia at philips.com
Mon Jun 25 13:02:01 PDT 2018

Looks like the dhcp dependency is explicit: dhcp->bind->python3
recipes-connectivity/dhcp/dhcp.inc
	DEPENDS = "openssl bind"
recipes-connectivity/bind/bind_9.10.5-P3.bb
	RDEPENDS_${PN} = "python3-core"

In the build area: dhcp/4.3.6-r0/packages-split/dhcp-client.shlibdeps
	dhcp-libs (>= 4.3.6)
	bind (>= 9.10.5-P3)
	glibc (>= 2.26)

Does it mean that python3 cannot be removed from target rootfs?

On the other hand, I see this file in rootfs: /usr/sbin/dnssec-checkds, which requires python3 (#! /usr/bin/python3).
I believe this file gets installed from bind_9.10.5-P3.bb

do_install_append() {
        sed -i -e '1s,#!.*python3,#! /usr/bin/python3,' ${D}${sbindir}/dnssec-coverage ${D}${sbindir}/dnssec-checkds
}

How can I move this file to a different package?

Thanks,
Carlos