[yocto] Yocto not fetching unzip

Andre McCurdy armccurdy at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 15:04:44 PDT 2018

On Mon, Jun 11, 2018 at 6:33 AM, Maas, Jonas <Jonas.Maas at vector.com> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I am experiencing an issue with yocto-2.1.2:
>
> I am trying to prefetch all needed sources for a certain image, let’s say
> “my-image”, by calling:
>
> $ bitbake -c fetchall my-image
>
> Next I am archiving the whole Yocto system (including the downloads
> directory) to a tar.gz file and unpack it on another system.
>
> Now when I set BB_NO_NETWORK=”1” in the local.conf and try to build using
>
> $ bitbake my-image
>
> the package “unzip” is missing. I can fetch it manually by temporarily
> switching to online build an calling
>
> $ bitbake -c fetch unzip
>
> However I want to be able to build completely from the generated tar.gz.
>
> Is this a bug in Yocto or intended behavior? If it is intended: Is there a
> proper setting to solve this or do I have to fetch unzip manually bevor
> packing the archive?

You don't mention how you are using unzip.

If you are including unzip in your image then failing to download it
during fetchall is unexpected and sounds like a bug.

If you're not including unzip in your image but instead your build
actually depends on unzip-native (ie a tool to run on the host and
needed as a build dependency if a recipe you build contains .zip or
.jar files in SRC_URI) then I'm not sure what the expectation is. If
fetchall doesn't download these indirect -native dependencies then it
might just be the way it is. If so, then manually running "bitbake -c
fetch unzip-native" might be an appropriate solution.