[yocto] Yocto not fetching unzip

Maas, Jonas Jonas.Maas at vector.com
Mon Jun 11 06:33:07 PDT 2018

Hello everyone,

I am experiencing an issue with yocto-2.1.2:
I am trying to prefetch all needed sources for a certain image, let's say "my-image", by calling:

$ bitbake -c fetchall my-image

Next I am archiving the whole Yocto system (including the downloads directory) to a tar.gz file and unpack it on another system.
Now when I set BB_NO_NETWORK="1" in the local.conf and try to build using

$ bitbake my-image

the package "unzip" is missing. I can fetch it manually by temporarily switching to online build an calling

$ bitbake -c fetch unzip

However I want to be able to build completely from the generated tar.gz.

Is this a bug in Yocto or intended behavior? If it is intended: Is there a proper setting to solve this or do I have to fetch unzip manually bevor packing the archive?
Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

Jonas