[yocto] devtool finish & patch order

Peter Kjellerstedt peter.kjellerstedt at axis.com
Fri Jun 15 03:54:29 PDT 2018

When I said "I started over" above, that included removing the
patches that had been added to the recipe file. So each time I
did `devtool finish ...`, the recipe state was the initial one
(i.e., without any patches in either the recipe or any bbappend).

I actually did the devtool modify/devtool finish cycle a number
of times. I never got the wrongly ordered patches when they were
added to the recipe, but when they were added in a bbappend, the
results varied. The first time I tried they were in the right
order, but then I did the rewriting of the commit messages and
then they ended up in the wrong order.

//Peter