[yocto] Issue yocto strip the kernel module signature during packaging

Mathieu Alexandre-Tétreault alexandretm at amotus.ca
Wed Jun 13 10:10:25 PDT 2018

Hello,

I am working to activate the kernel module signature for in-tree and out-of-tree packages.
While I was debugging the cause of the kernel complaining about unsigned modules.
I noticed that yocto was stripping the signature information from the binary, therefore I've
set INHIBIT_PACKAGE_STRIP = "1" for all of my out-of-tree module. Then I had to  set the flag
for the kernel recipe to fix the issue for my in-tree kernel module.

My question is:
   - is there any issue with turning off the stripping for the linux recipe? I'd like to be sure I haven't overlooked anything about this.
   - Would there be a better way to achieve this?

Cheers,

Mathieu