[yocto] mono-native is trying to install files into a shared area...

Alex Lennon ajlennon at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 02:50:49 PDT 2018

On 12/06/2018 05:43, Khem Raj wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 11, 2018 at 8:36 PM Craig McQueen
> <craig.mcqueen at innerrange.com <mailto:craig.mcqueen at innerrange.com>>
> wrote:
>
>     I wrote:
>     >
>     > I wrote:
>     > >
>     > > Lately, I'm trying to upgrade to a later version of mono, 5.4.1.6.
>     > > When I try to do a build of my Yocto image, bitbake gets to
>     the end of
>     > > building mono- native, and then gets an error:
>     > >
>     > >
>     > > ERROR: mono-native-5.4.1.6-r0 do_populate_sysroot: The recipe
>     mono-
>     > > native is trying to install files into a shared area when
>     those files already
>     > exist.
>     > > Those files and their manifest location are:
>     > > /home/craigm/yocto/poky/build/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-
>     > > linux/usr/lib/mono/lldb/mono.py
>     > >  Matched in b''
>     > > /home/craigm/yocto/poky/build/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-
>     > > linux/usr/lib/mono/4.6.1-api/System.Web.Http.SelfHost.dll
>     > >  Matched in b''
>     > > ...
>     > > /home/craigm/yocto/poky/build/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-
>     > >
>     >
>     linux/usr/lib/mono/xbuild/14.0/bin/MSBuild/Microsoft.Build.CommonTypes.
>     > > xsd
>     > >  Matched in b''
>     > > /home/craigm/yocto/poky/build/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-
>     > >
>     linux/usr/lib/mono/xbuild/14.0/bin/MSBuild/Microsoft.Build.Core.xsd
>     > >  Matched in b''
>     > > /home/craigm/yocto/poky/build/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-
>     > >
>     >
>     linux/usr/lib/mono/xbuild/14.0/Microsoft.Common.targets/ImportAfter/Mi
>     > > c
>     > > rosoft.NuGet.ImportAfter.targets
>     > >  Matched in b''
>     > > Please verify which recipe should provide the above files.
>     > > The build has stopped as continuing in this scenario WILL break
>     > > things, if not now, possibly in the future (we've seen builds fail
>     > > several months later). If the system knew how to recover from this
>     > > automatically it would however there are several different
>     scenarios
>     > > which can result in this and we don't know which one this is.
>     It may
>     > > be you have switched providers of something like
>     virtual/kernel (e.g.
>     > > from linux-yocto to linux-yocto-dev), in that case you need to
>     execute the
>     > clean task for both recipes and it will resolve this error.
>     > > It may be you changed DISTRO_FEATURES from systemd to udev or vice
>     > > versa. Cleaning those recipes should again resolve this error
>     however
> [...]
Hey Craig,

There was an separate issue with the morty branch building which
hopefully I've resolved with a recent cherry-pick.

I'm not intending atm to update support for more recent releases of Mono
on Morty due to the issue you've identified above.

(This is because I think it's more valuable to put the time I have
available into supporting the current Mono release on master, T-P etc. -
which I'll hopefully be looking at shortly).

I'd be very pleased to receive PRs though if you have the time to
address this...

Cheers,

Alex