[yocto] Generating license/manifest for a specific layer?

Ulf Samuelsson yocto at emagii.com
Mon Jun 11 12:16:27 PDT 2018

I have been working on a release-notes bbclass which will for each recipe included in am image extract stuff like package name, license info, cve info, SUMMARY, DESCRIPTION etc. and generate LaTex files.
repo diffmanifests is used to extract the difference between a previous manifest and the current manifest.
Each patch committed has a JIRA ticket number, and a LaTex file is generated with a symbolic link to our JIRA server.
Everything is collected by a separate project, and once the LaTex files are complete,
I only have to do
make <product>-release-notes.pdf.

Once it is merged locally, I am considering upstreaming.

Best Regards,
Ulf Samuelsson