[yocto] Generating license/manifest for a specific layer?

Beth Flanagan pidge at toganlabs.com
Mon Jun 11 08:55:00 PDT 2018

On Mon, Jun 11, 2018 at 2:46 PM, Michael Habibi <mikehabibi at gmail.com> wrote:
> Our use case is to capture the license files, manifest (package/version),
> and download information only for packages we modify/add. We use our own
> layer to modify/add packages, everything coming from standard Yocto layers
> are untouched.
>
> Is there a way to generate this information on a layer-by-layer basis,
> instead of a full manifest that includes all standard, unmodified packages?

The easy (cheating) way, would be to modify the tmp/deploy/licenses
artifact post build (I do it to remove -native- and -cross- from
things I distribute as I'm not actually distributing them) or put in a
post do_rootfs function that does it.

I guess my question would be (and this is less a technical question
and more of a legal one) is why would you want to only include a
manifest for only part of what you're distributing (or am I
misunderstanding what you're trying to do here?)

-b