[yocto] sysroot not being populated

Patrick Vacek patrick.vacek at here.com
Mon Jun 4 02:01:12 PDT 2018

Hello all,

I have a recipe (aktualizr-hsm-prov) that depends on another (aktualizr)
to provide an executable and a config file. The former recipe includes
`DEPENDS = "aktualizr-native"`, and my do_install() for
aktualizr-hsm-prov has a line something like this:

aktualizr -i ${STAGING_DIR_NATIVE}${libdir}/sota.conf

The binary executable (aktualizr) runs, which tells me that the recipe
can find that. (Although to be honest, I'm not sure which version it is
running.) However, it doesn't find the config file, and sure enough,
${STAGING_DIR_NATIVE}${libdir} does not have the config file I expect. I
can see that aktualizr-native is populating its sysroot-destdir, but it
isn't getting copied to the sysroot for aktualizr-hsm-prov.

I see this problem in sumo and master, although previously this logic
has worked just fine in morty/pyro/rocko.

Switching to depending on aktualizr (instead of aktualizr-native) and
using STAGING_DIR_HOST or STAGING_DIR_TARGET does not help, and in fact
makes it worse, as it can't even find the aktualizr executable in that case.

What am I doing wrong? What changed between rocko and sumo?

Thanks,

Patrick Vacek
HERE Technologies