[yocto] Gratitude

Rudolf Streif rudolf.streif at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 10:46:17 PDT 2018

Jefro,

I am very sorry to see you go. I have very much enjoyed working with you
from the beginning while still at the Linux Foundation. I cannot express
enough gratitude for all the valuable work you have done for this community
and for me personally by diligently reviewing the book and giving me tips.

Thank you so much. You will be missed.

Rudi

On Tue, Jun 5, 2018 at 11:42 PM, Osier-mixon, Jeffrey <
jeffrey.osier-mixon at intel.com> wrote:

> I have been the Yocto Project community manager for over 7 years now, and
> have had the pleasure of knowing or conversing individually with several
> hundred of you. It is with mixed feelings that I must announce that I am
> stepping down from my position as the YP community manager and the Advisory
> Board chair after 7 years, as I am taking on a new role in my job.
>
> I am very proud of the progress that the project has made, growing from a
> small set of build tools into an industry standard for building and working
> with embedded Linux-based operating systems, supporting upstream projects
> including the Linux kernel, hosting projects like opkg, and inspiring many
> very successful downstream projects, including AGL and OpenBMC among many
> others, and also supporting countless configurations of hardware among
> seven different architectures. We have also seen the community of users
> grow from fewer than 1000 in 2010 to a large city-sized community,
> estimated in the tens of thousands of developers.
>
> Please continue to participate, collaborate, and come together as a
> community! The Yocto Project is a success because every one of you
> participates.
>
> Jeffrey "Jefro" Osier-Mixon, Intel Corporation
> Open Source Community Ecosystem Strategist

*Rudolf J. Streif*