[yocto] partitions resizing on the fly

Zoran Stojsavljevic zoran.stojsavljevic at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 01:46:25 PDT 2018

Before asking this question to YOCTO community, the simplier question
will be to ask if anybody knows any Linux distro (RHEL, Fedora,
Debian, Ubuntu, SuSE etc.), with the feature which can do this?

I am dealing with Linux for years, but such a mechanism did not
see/experience. As well, never found anybody who asked this question
as a such even for the normal distros.

In contrary, it is impossible to expand/shrink dynamically active
(mounted) partitions, AFAIK.

For this to happen, somebody needs to invent the new dynamically
expanding active fs (the feature of it), which can do that.

Zoran
_______