[yocto] partitions resizing on the fly

Mihaela Apetroaie-Cristea apetroaiecristeamihaela at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 07:33:00 PDT 2018

Hello,

I have a minimal yocto OS built for RPI, which has three partitions: boot, root and data. Is there any way to resize root and data such that root expands/flattens when files and others are added/deleted? Such that I can make more space for the data partition. At the moment my partitions are built with minimal size and I expand them with gparted after I added them on the sd card. But if I put my device somewhere unreachable it would be very useful to have a way to expand and flatten portions on the fly.

Thank you,
Mihaela