[yocto] [meta-security] buck-security not found in STAGING_BINDIR_NATIVE

Jon Szymaniak jon.szymaniak.foss at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 21:49:36 PDT 2018

On Fri, Jun 1, 2018 at 11:34 AM, Jon Szymaniak
<jon.szymaniak.foss at gmail.com> wrote:
> From my understanding, all that should be required to run the buck-security
> after an image build is adding INHERIT += "check_security" to local.conf. I see
> that check_security.bbclass [2] already takes care of appending itself to
> EXTRA_IMAGEDEPENDS.

To get this working I ended up instead inheriting check_security in
the image recipe,
and explicitly add buck-security-native to the image recipe's DEPENDS.
The latter
seems to be required -- otherwise I run into the same failure mode.

Nonetheless, I'm still digging through the do_prepare_recipe_sysroot and
do_populate_sysroot implementations to try to understand why
check_security.bbclass's assignment to EXTRA_IMAGEDEPENDS does not seem
sufficient to get buck-security installed into the image receipe's sysroot.

Is there some caveat or subtlety with respect when a recipe's sysroot-related
tasks run and aggregate dependencies, versus when the contents of
EXTRA_IMAGEDEPENDS are appended to a recipe's set of dependencies?