[yocto] can bitbake build offline ?

MOHAMMAD RASIM mohammad.rasim96 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 03:09:46 PDT 2018

Well, actually I used the find command in that wiki page to find the
recipe that uses tag name to chose github revision and it found only one
recipe

 >meta-openembedded/meta-initramfs/recipes-devtools/mtd/ubi-utils-klibc_1.5.1.bb

I masked this recipe in the local.conf file and bitbake failed at
parsing other recipes, looking at those recipes I saw that they don't
use tag names but they use

 >SRCREV = "${AUTOREV}"

which is logical since bitbake has to issue ls-remote to know what is
the latest revision on the remote git repo (maybe the wiki page needs
update to point this ?)

Now I can't remove this AUTOREV in these recipes since I need bitbake to
fetch the latest updates ( I push updates regularly on that repo and I
don't want to update the recipe file each time to add the latest revision)

So, here comes the hard part, Is it possible to tell bitbake to issue
ls-remote if there is network and to use the latest fetched revision in
the sources directory if the network is disabled ? that way I can use
${AUTOREV} in my recipes and bitbake will build from the local repo in
the sources directory unless there is network to update the local repo,
probably there is no such thing :) .

Thanks