[yocto] How to tell bitbake my prefered terminal in for devshell and access bitbake datastore?

MOHAMMAD RASIM mohammad.rasim96 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 02:49:33 PDT 2018

Hi,

when running bitbake with a recipe and giving the devshell as a command
bitbake runs the devshell inside xterm, on my other machine it runs tmux.

looking at the openembedded source code here
https://github.com/openembedded/openembedded-core/blob/master/meta/lib/oe/terminal.py

I can see there are multiple classes for terminals that bitbake loop
through, but how can I tell bitbake that I prefer a certain terminal?

Also, is it possible to access bitbake datastore from inside the
devshell(or devpyshell) ?

Regards