[yocto] Error Report Tool Purge

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 15:03:05 PDT 2018

On Thu, Jul 19, 2018 at 11:30 AM Brindle, Amanda R
<amanda.r.brindle at intel.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>

> The Error Reporting Tool’s database (http://errors.yoctoproject.org/Errors/Latest/Autobuilder/)  has grown to a huge size, and this is affecting the performance of the application. We are planning to run a purge to get rid of reports that we don’t need. We will keep reports from the last thirty days, as well as reports that have been viewed or linked to. If you have a specific report that you don’t want purged, please let me know by the end of the month.

this is a good step, I have almost stopped using this tool due to
slowness, however for pruning, I think it would
be good to see if we can throw away duplicate logs and just keep the
counts, May be its already done.
secondly, release branches dont get built that often as compared to
dev branches so we need to keep that in mind
may be per branch policy would be good to have.