[yocto] Setting recipe version inside an image recipe

Mauro Ziliani mauro at faresoftware.it
Thu Jul 19 05:36:18 PDT 2018

Hi all

I'm working with Krogoth.

I'd like to do this.

- I have my application added to yocto tree by its own recipe myapp_git.bb

This recipe get the source code from a local git repository setting
SRCREV for the last stable application source code.

SRCREV is fixed in myapp_git.bb

- I have the recipe for the final production image for the embedded
system  myos.bb, which declare

IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " myapp "

The myos.bb compiles myapp with the version declare in myapp_git.bb recipe

I'd like to do that

- prepare a base recipe myos-base.inc  where I define all I need the
produce the final image with

IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " myapp "

- prepare myos.bb recipe where I can fix the version of myapp.bb to a
prpduction version

- prepare myos-test.bb recipre where I can fix the HEAD branch of git
from I can download the  latest source code for test.

I try this

- inside myapp_git.bb I put SRCREV="${MYAPP_SRCREV}"

- inside myos.bb I set MYAPP_SRCREV="prodution-version-X" to download
the tag/branch production-version-X

- inside myos-test.bb I set MYAPP_SRCREV="${AUTOREV}" to download the
latest git commit

Any idea?

MZ