[yocto] Reg. rpm changelog

Mark Hatle mark.hatle at windriver.com
Tue Jul 17 11:51:20 PDT 2018

On 7/17/18 1:39 PM, Vikram Chhibber wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I use the rpm created from my recipe and I need to know if there is a way to add
> changelog to this rpm. I should be able to use "rpm -q --changelog" option to
> display this changelog.
>
> Please let me know if this is possible.

No.  Others have talked about it, but changelog information is stored in the
respective layers (.bb, .bbappend, .bbclass, etc) that make up the recipes and
would have to be distilled..

It should be possible, but nobody has done this that I know of.

(Rough way to do it.. find all of the files that went into a recipe.. then run a
git scm command looking for changes to those files, capturing them in an RPM
changelog like format.)

--Mark