[yocto] [layerindex-web] RFC: layer index docker fixes

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Tue Jul 17 03:16:43 PDT 2018

On Monday, 16 July 2018 10:16:55 PM CEST Paul Eggleton wrote:
> On Monday, 16 July 2018 8:24:53 PM CEST Konrad Scherer wrote:
> > I recently noticed that if gcc is removed in the 'apt-get purge' step,
> > the bitbake sanity checker will fail due to missing 'gcc' when doing a
> > layer update.
>
> Hmm, well that's a different problem - those sanity checks shouldn't be
> running. We don't need those tools since we're not building anything. I will
> have a look into this.

I was wrong - I remembered that we explicitly set HOSTTOOLS = "gcc" in our own
conf/local.conf because there are other places in the metadata where we check
for gcc which we do not override, and thus it's expected to be there. I've
fixed and pushed the branch again, thanks for pointing out the issue (this
time I actually tested running an update ;).

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton