[yocto] How to split rootfs image?

Lukasz Zemla Lukasz.Zemla at woodward.com
Wed Jul 11 12:16:09 PDT 2018

Dear All,

Because of some formal reasons, we would like to split our rootfs image into 2 parts:

1. base system - to be reused between different project variants, typical rootfs content.

2. application/data - less critical application, configuration, data, logs.

How to generate in Yocto application/data image(2)?

It is about generation of empty image containing only requested packages, like Package-A, Package-B...

We tried following:

inherit image

IMAGE_FEATURES = ""

DISTRO_FEATURES = ""

IMAGE_INSTALL = " \

               Package-A \

               Package-B \

               "

IMAGE_FSTYPES = "ubi tar.gz"

But it produces classical rootfs image with (unwanted): bin, boot, etc, lib... We'd prefer to have it built in an efficient way, so we'd like to avoid generating full image and then removing files by hand in postprocess command.

Thank you in advance,

Lukasz

***
The information in this email is confidential and intended solely for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed.  If you have received this email in error please notify the sender by return e-mail, delete this email, and refrain from any disclosure or action based on the information.
***