[yocto] Issues in getting wiringpi and openvpn through Yocto built image

AKASH BHARDWAJ akash12bhardwaj at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 21:08:42 PDT 2018

I was actually trying to install wiringpi,wiringpi-dev and openvpn on Yocto.

I used the  command

IMAGE_INSTALL_APPEND = " git apt dpkg opkg rpm sudo wiringpi wiringpi-dev
> cmake connman connman-client tzdata i2c-tools i2c-tools-dev glibc-utils rpm
> dhcp-server bluez5 python-smbus bridge-utils hostapd apache2 openvpn"
> IMAGE_INSTALL_APPEND = " nano openvpn networkmanager iptables"

The openvpn file is present in  the /tmp/deploy/rpm directory .But when I
transferred the Image to sd card for Raspberrypi,then i find out that
wiringpi and openvpn file are not present anywhere on the SD card.
So,how can I resolve this issue?

The contents of local.conf are

DISTRO ?= "poky"