[yocto] Writing a recipe that allows for extra depends, depending on the extra_oemake configurations

Andre McCurdy armccurdy at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 19:49:11 PDT 2018

On Thu, Jul 12, 2018 at 3:12 PM, Giordon Stark <kratsg at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Ross,
>
> Thanks. I saw that but the documentation doesn't explicitly mentioned
> EXTRA_OEMAKE. Is that the same as EXTRA_OECONF?

No, EXTRA_OEMAKE and EXTRA_OECONF are different.

Config options derived from PACKAGECONFIG are automatically appended
to EXTRA_OECONF (by autotools.bbclass), EXTRA_OECMAKE (by
cmake.bbclass) and EXTRA_OEMESON (by meson.bbclass) but never
automatically appended to EXTRA_OEMAKE. If you want to add
PACKAGECONFIG derived options to EXTRA_OEMAKE then you can manually
add PACKAGECONFIG_CONFARGS to EXTRA_OEMAKE from within a recipe, for
example see:

  http://git.openembedded.org/openembedded-core/tree/meta/recipes-graphics/glew/glew_2.1.0.bb

Note that your original example was based around EXTRA_OECMAKE though,
not EXTRA_OEMAKE.