[yocto] Hook for layer-only actions?

Jeremy Puhlman jpuhlman at mvista.com
Tue Jul 10 13:24:43 PDT 2018

On 7/10/2018 1:04 PM, Michael Habibi wrote:
> Well I should have just used what I want to actually do as the
> example, and not a QA action.
>
> I want to create a new type of manifest that is only my layer, that
> will include line items that basically has like: package name,
> version, download URL, checksum, license.
>
> I have no idea yet how to implement it, but wanted to make sure it was
> feasible.

It is.

You more or less just need to figure out which layer the recipe comes
from. Then you can build functions on top of that.

https://github.com/MontaVista-OpenSourceTechnology/meta-montavista-cgx/blob/master/conf/layerinfo.inc

We modify the mirror we point to based on what layer the recipe resides
in...The specific function that would interest you is
get_layername

Which we set LAYER_NAME to, then we use functions to do things with
LAYER_NAME.

> On Tue, Jul 10, 2018 at 2:27 PM Burton, Ross <ross.burton at intel.com
> <mailto:ross.burton at intel.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hypothetically a new QA action should be added at the distro level, by
>     writing a class and adding it to INHERIT.
>
>     (I've several new QA tests added in this way)
>
>     Ross
>
>     On 10 July 2018 at 19:53, Alexander Kanavin
>     <alex.kanavin at gmail.com <mailto:alex.kanavin at gmail.com>> wrote:
>     > Yes. Implement a class and inherit it from the recipes.
>     >
>     > Alex
>     >
>     > 2018-07-10 20:50 GMT+02:00 Michael Habibi <mikehabibi at gmail.com
>     <mailto:mikehabibi at gmail.com>>:
>     >> I was wondering if there is a way I can apply a global
>     modification to all
>     >> recipes in a layer? For instance, we have our own layer for our
>     changes that
>     >> sit on top of the base Yocto/OE layers.
>     >>
>     >> What if, hypothetically, I wanted to insert a do_package_qa
>     action globally,
>     >> for everything in our layer. Is there a way to codify that,
>     beyond actually
>     >> adding this to every recipe in our layer?
>     >>
>     >> --
>     >> yocto mailing list
>     >> yocto at yoctoproject.org <mailto:yocto at yoctoproject.org>