[yocto] Keeping and modifying Source code in Yocto

ChenQi Qi.Chen at windriver.com
Mon Jul 9 18:32:56 PDT 2018

Hi Simon,

I usually use the following steps when I need to modify source for some
purpose.

1. bitbake A (or at least bitbake A -c configure)
*2. cd tmp/work/xxxxx/A/<source dir>**
**3. make the modification*
4. bitbake A -c compile -f
5. bitbake A

If you find the modification useful, make a patch from it.

Best Regards,
Chen Qi