[yocto] How to remove openssl from sysroots

Raymond Yeung rksyeung at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 6 15:06:35 PDT 2018

I've changed the subject heading to make it more specific to our problem.  Hopefully this generates some responses.

It has been blocking us for close to one week now.  We want to use our 3rd party vendor openssl, not the one that comes with the source.  Apparently, even with "minimal" instead of "base" or "sato" cannot exclude it.

Any idea [e.g. how do we systematically find out how it's included now, and possibly what other packages/recipes we may also need to remove due to dependency]?

Thanks,

Raymond