[yocto] Building gutenprint recipe

Timm timm at timmedia.de
Sat Jul 7 04:30:32 PDT 2018

Am 07.07.2018 um 12:17 schrieb Alexander Kanavin:
> How to do this is specific to each project. Generally, you want the
> target recipe to depend on the native recipe (so that the necessary
> native tools show up in the target sysroot),
Done that: gutenprint depends on gutenprint-native.
> and then you need to
> study the build system of the upstream component project (makefiles
> etc.) to see how it can be instructed to use the tool installed in the
> system, instead of building and using it's own version. Then patch the
> source code accordingly from the recipe.
As I understand I have two options:
1. Patching the makefile that the makefile calls the upstream version of
"extract-strings" from gutenprint-native.
2. Would be the openwrt-way: removing the directories with the
extract-strings sources. So this part will not be compiled. Then copying
the the binary build by gutenprint-native. I extracted the part of the
openwrt-build-file:

define Build/Compile

# Replace the cross-compiled "extract-string" by a shell-script that

# runs the host's own compiled version (gutenprint needs to run this)

(cd $(PKG_BUILD_DIR) && $(MAKE) -C src/xml extract-strings && \

$(RM) src/xml/extract-strings && \

echo '#!/bin/sh' > src/xml/extract-strings && \

echo 'exec $(HOST_BUILD_DIR)/src/xml/extract-strings "$$$$@" ' \

>> src/xml/extract-strings && chmod +x src/xml/extract-strings && cp
src/xml/extract-strings /tmp/)

$(call Build/Compile/Default)

endef

Source:
https://github.com/FranciscoBorges/openwrt-printing-packages/blob/master/net/gutenprint/Makefile

There is one thing, I don't quite understand. How can I access the files
which were created by the gutenprint-native recipe?