[yocto] Building gutenprint recipe

Timm timm at timmedia.de
Sat Jul 7 03:02:22 PDT 2018

There was a gutenprint recipe back in OE-Classic:
https://layers.openembedded.org/layerindex/oe-classic/recipe/12076/

But currently there is no gutenprint available for Yocto.

I tried to build my own recipe. But I got stuck at the stage where the
build process wants to call some generated binaries:

    | ./extract-strings `cat xml-stamp | sed -e
's;^;../../../gutenprint-5.2.11/src/xml/;'` > xmli18n-tmp.h.tmp
    | /lib/ld-linux-armhf.so.3: No such file or directory

So, I introduced a "native" recipe, which just compiles the
"extract-strings" for me:

SECTION = "libs"
require gutenprint_${PV}.bb
DEPENDS = "gettext-native"
inherit native autotools

EXTRA_OECONG = "\
        --disable-libgutenprintui2 \
            --disable-samples \
        --without-gimp2 \
        --without-doc \
        --disable-nls \
        --disable-nls-macos \
        --without-foomatic \
        --without-foomatic3 \
        --disable-escputil \
        --disable-test \
        --disable-testpattern \
        --without-cups \
               "

do_compile() {
    oe_runmake -C src/xml/ extract-strings
}

The next step is quite unclear for me? How can I tell the build system
not to generate the extract-strings again and use the native instead?

As reference I used the build scripts from openwrt and buildroot. But
I'm not able to translate this build steps to Yocto.

https://github.com/FranciscoBorges/openwrt-printing-packages/blob/master/net/gutenprint/Makefile

https://github.com/buildroot/buildroot/blob/master/package/gutenprint/gutenprint.mk