[yocto] Any Linux/Yocto Image Installer (for target system)

Raymond Yeung rksyeung at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 6 14:52:54 PDT 2018

Is there any installer that I could download along with the .hddimg (or .iso) image to the RAM, invoke the installer, so we could have a bootable image installed on a SSD?

History:

I can already create USB live image with dd and .hddimg.  I could also dd the .hddimg onto SSD and make it bootable.  The problem is that I need multiple partitions on my 250MB SSD, some reserved for other purposes.

I find that when booting up with USB running SysLinux, I could install GRUB, vmlinuz, along with boot.img and core.img under /boot directory, and the rootFs under root (i.e. '/') directory.  That's 4 partitions.  I believe I could resize the largest partition after installation to do what I want.

Is there a way to do this manually, possibly with a utility or a shell script?

Thanks,

Raymond