[yocto] (still) struggling with initramfs

Tim Hammer tdhammer99 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 13:22:20 PDT 2018

On Tue, Jul 3, 2018 at 2:02 PM, Tim Hammer <tdhammer99 at gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks for the responses to my first email. I was able to get a working
initramfs in my kernel image that allowed me to do the initial evaluation
of my solution.

Now I am working to get all of the proper content into the filesystem, but
am seeing some strangeness that I cannot comprehend. I have updated the
image recipe that my linux.bbappend is calling out as the INITRAMFS_IMAGE,
but the bitbake linux command did not see anything as changed so ran no
tasks. As a simplistic attempt, I commented out the INITRAMFS_IMAGE line in
the recipe and this time it rebuilt a lot, but ended up with the "old"
initramfs (not an empty one as I kind of expected). I then re-enabled the
INITRAMFS_IMAGE line and this time got a much smaller Linux image which
failed to boot (Unable to mount root fs- more what I expected from the last
build).

How do I get the Linux image to build with the correct version of my
initramfs?

> Thank you!

Again!

--