[yocto] Fwd: Basehash value changed issue

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Tue Jul 3 04:57:12 PDT 2018

On Mon, 2018-07-02 at 17:37 +0530, techi eth wrote:
> I have not got success of building my first image so it happen's to
> me always. I also tried deleting tmp,cache folder & re-build again
> but problem persist.
> Is it something to do with timestamps ?
>
> I do see below patch & applied changes but problem persist.
> http://cgit.openembedded.org/openembedded-core/commit/?id=4af13a4855c
> 74cea9cf6c168fd73165d7094bf93

do_rootfs[vardepsexclude] = "TIME DATE DATETIME"

The above means stop the do_rootfs *function* depending on those
values. It is not a task wide exclusion, its limited to that function
only. I suspect there is some other function in your build depending on
these values and you need:

<function_name>[vardepsexclude] = "TIME DATE DATETIME"

but which function is including these is something you'll need to
figure out.

Running bitbake-dumpsig on the do_rootfs sigdata file should be able to
tell you that.

Cheers,

Richard