[yocto] Disable UART Console for Pi 0

Nathan Roberts nathan.roberts at gmail.com
Fri Jan 26 15:25:37 PST 2018

extra-build-config.md states
"RaspberryPi 0, 1, 2 and CM will have UART console enabled by default."

I have a Pi 0 (not a Pi 0W), and want to disable the UART console when an
image is built (I know how to manually do it after the iamge is built).

the above file also states:

Users who want serial console support on
RaspberryPi3 will have to explicitely set in local.conf:

    ENABLE_UART = "1"

So I assumed to disable I should add to local.conf

ENABLE_UART = "0"

but when I do this the image wont boot (no error messages).

What is the best practice method of disabling UART console when
building an image?

Nathan