[yocto] Installing an rpm without repackaging

Alexandru Nicolae alexandru.nicolae0807 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 30 02:43:45 PST 2018

Hello guys,
I know that this have been discussed before, but I couldn't find a solution that works for me.
I'm trying to install a rpm package, but every approach I've taken seems wrong. In the ideal case I would like a recipe that just copies the rpm somewhere on the rootfs and then execute a post-process command to install that rpm. Something like:
SRC_URI = "file://net-snmp-${PV}.rpm"

FILE_${PN} = "/"ROOTFS_POSTPROCESS_COMMAND += "${STAGING_BINDIR_NATIVE}/rpm -ivh --root=${IMAGE_ROOTFS}/ /*.rpm"

I tried this sollution but I'm not able to copy the rpm as it is on the rootfs.
I have also tried using the bin_package class and I was able to fully bake my image, but it seems that the rpm is just unpacked on the rootfs, not installed as I expected.
Can you please help me with a working example of a recipe?
Thank you,Alex