[yocto] How do I generate a dtb for my board support package?

Peter Spierenburg peter.spierenburg at nautel.com
Fri Jan 26 12:08:29 PST 2018

I've discovered the problem. It looks like my SRC_URI entries aren't placing my .dts and .dtsi files in the correct locations. If I manually copy those files to: poky/build/tmp/work-shared/adzs-sc589-ezlite/kernel-source/arch/arm/boot/dts then the build will produce a .dtb file as expected.

How do I alter the SRC_URI instruction in my .bbappend file to specify the correct destination directory?