[yocto] [meta-raspberrypi] how the linux-raspberry skip the do_kernel_metadata?

Bruce Ashfield bruce.ashfield at gmail.com
Fri Jan 26 05:11:30 PST 2018

On Fri, Jan 26, 2018 at 4:06 AM, kk <pinganddu90 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I see the linux-raspberrypi_4.9.bb recipe didn't use the yocto-kernel-cache,
> and add configure in linux-raspberrypi.inc, I am interested in how the
> linux-raspberry skip the do_kernel_metadata?

That task does more than just enable the kernel-cache data, but in theory you
could just delete the task yourself and see what breaks.

(i.e. make a bbappend to the kernel recipe and use something like
"deltask kernel_metadata" to remove the task).

What problem is that step causing in your build ? Maybe there's a better way
to fix things if it's a performance issue or some sort of other bug.

Bruce

> Thanks!

thee at its end"