[yocto] single or authoritative home for sbsigntool?

Randy MacLeod randy.macleod at windriver.com
Fri Jan 19 13:07:09 PST 2018

In chasing down a rare ccan configuration bug that sbsigntool-native
trips over, I noticed that there are several sbsigntool-native recipes,
all alike but not identical.

We have a few in the layer index:

https://layers.openembedded.org/layerindex/branch/master/recipes/?q=sbsigntool

and more elsewhere:
   https://www.google.ca/search?q=sbsigntool-native
and even:
   https://www.google.ca/search?q=meta-secure-core

The meta-intel and meta-secure-core versions were somewhat different but
that seems to be due to lack of co-operation rather than different
requirements.

Does it make sense to have a single version of the recipe in
a signing-key layer with the actual keys kept elsewhere I'd expect.

If so, what layer would make the most sense?
How about picking:

https://layers.openembedded.org/layerindex/branch/master/layer/meta-signing-key/

There is likely other recipe duplication in secure boot layers but
it's not something that I work on directly so I'm only mentioning
sbsigntool. Feel free to reduce more duplication!

Thanks,

--
# Randy MacLeod.  WR Linux
# Wind River an Intel Company