[yocto] Add Python 3 custom package to native tools

Jan Siegmund jan.siegmund0 at hm.edu
Thu Jan 18 06:23:17 PST 2018

Hi all,

I want to add the Python 3 custom package foo to my native host tools to execute
its executable in a class. How could I do that? I already inherited distutils3
to my foo recipe, but when I launch foo with oe-run-native, the error

pkg_resources.DistributionNotFound: The 'foo=1.0' distribution was not found and
is required by the application

pops up. But foo with its accompanying 1.0 .egg is already in
tmp/sysroots-components/x86_64/foo-native/usr/lib/python3.5/site-packages.

Is another class or environment variable needed?

Regards,
Jan