[yocto] Postinstallation script warnings in Yocto 2.4 Rocko

Alexander Kanavin alexander.kanavin at linux.intel.com
Wed Jan 17 09:32:58 PST 2018

On 01/17/2018 07:10 PM, Diaz de Grenu, Jose wrote:

> The patches work, but I was wondering if we really need to mark this behavior as a WARNING. From my point of view, this may be confusing for a user, as it could lead to think that something is wrong. But I think that, even if image post processing during the build is preferable, there are some image post processing that just cannot be done there. Think for example of any HW identifier, like a MAC address that you might want to use.
>
> I think a bb.note should be enough. At least an option per recipe to skip the warning, so that expected on-target-postprocessing warnings can be hidden.

I agree, I'll change it to a note. The excessive use of bb.warn
pre-dates my patchset though. I'll resend the patchset tomorrow.

> Also, is there any chance this could end up in rocky? As it is, any postprocessing for the target causes ugly WARNINGS with '-1 error code' messages.
>
> Thanks again for the patches!

First, let's get it to master. I had a bit of trouble convincing the
community that this needs to be done last time (about one year ago), so
I appreciate the support :)

Alex